APPLICATION PROCEDURES FOR INDIVIDUALS WHO HAVE GREEN CARD, ARE SUBJECTED TO LAW NO. 2022 OR RURAL GUARDS
If you are a patient with green card, you should submit your referral in writing to the department, from which you are to receive examination or in which you are to be hospitalized, from any tertiary public hospital (Training and Research) or University hospital.
In respect to chronic patients and continuous treatments, you do not have to submit referrals for each application provided that you have been receiving treatment from the hospital under the same branch. A photocopy of the previous referral, and treatment invitation report with only one signature are sufficient.
Please see Social Services Department for your questions about referral procedures and validity.
PAY PATIENT IMPLEMENTATION
If you are a pay patient, you can have your procedures carried out by depositing your examination, test and/or surgery fee as well as your advance payment for hospitalization.
Always make your payments for medical services at our hospitals in return for receipts and keep these until your procedures are finalized.
Procedures that are not covered by Social Security Institution (SSI) are as follows:
• Hotel Services Fee (for 1st class single room and suite room)
• All Day Visitor Fee (for 1st class single room)
• Hotel Services Fee (for room for 2 persons, equipped with bathroom)
• Examination fees that are not covered by SSI
• Fees for surgical and invasive procedures that are not covered by SSI
• Fees for surgeries performed for esthetical purposes
• Examination, test and treatment procedures undertaken by a Faculty Member
You can contact your physician for examination, test and treatment procedures and Patient Admission Unit for hotel service fees.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES FOR OTHER PATIENT GROUPS WITHOUT INTERNATIONAL PATIENT STATUS;
A) Foreigners permitted to reside in Turkey (Holders of residence permit and temporary Turkish ID No.)
• The main distinction between international patients and foreign patients is the fact that the latter has a temporary Turkish ID No. starting with 99.
• At the outset, the activation status of Turkish ID No. starting with 99 is checked through MERNIS for foreign patients applying to the hospital.
• Provision procedure is followed (on condition that their spouse, children and parents also meet the requirements) as these patients registered on MERNIS are deemed to be covered by General Health Insurance.
• If foreign patients with a Turkish ID No. starting with 99 are not covered by social insurance, admissions are carried out WITH PAYMENT as MEDULA would not allow provision. Treatment costs are to be invoiced pursuant to the provisions of SSI Medical Enforcement Declaration.
• International Patient Coordination and/or Social Service units can be contacted for foreign patients with forensic case or traffic accident status.
B) Foreign students who receive education in Turkey
• Main distinction between foreign students and other patients is the number starting with YU which is assigned to foreign students.
• At the outset, the activation status of the number starting with YU is checked through MERNIS for foreign students who apply to the hospital.
• If Foreign Students who hold a number starting with YU (International Students with Turkish Scholarship) cannot obtain a provision with their YU numbers, they need to complete the incomplete information by filling out the form on www.turkiyeburslari.gov.tr.
C) Individuals with Foreign Insurances (Citizens of Republic of Turkey who live / work abroad)
In scope of the social security agreements concluded with foreign countries;
• The health care services for those covered by health benefits will be provided pursuant to “Health Care Benefit Document Based on Social Security Agreement” issued and approved by Ulucanlar Health Center, Social Security Institution.
• However, provision will be obtained from MEDULA system for individuals within the scope of social security agreement in effect with Germany.
• “Medical reports” determined according to agreements required by foreign insurance agencies in scope of the social security agreement in effect with foreign countries will be prepared and approved manually and the report will be communicated to the requesting provincial directorate/center of social security.
• In scope of social security agreement in effect with foreign countries, prior approval from the relevant unit of Social Security Institution in line with the warning given in the “remarks” section in YUPASS provision system is required for orthesis, prothesis, medical equipment and medical devices for personal use that will be provided for circumstances other than emergency cases during the temporary period individuals reside in Turkey.
Individuals with Foreign Insurances (Forensic cases and traffic accidents)
• The treatment costs excluding the diseases given in the “remarks” section of YUPASS provision system is not covered by Social Security Institution for individuals covered with occupational accidents and diseases insurances and those to be subjected to health care benefits upon being referred to our country in scope of social security agreements in effect with foreign countries.
D) Refugees, asylum-seekers, stateless persons
International protection applicants, refugees and those under secondary protection or recognized as stateless-persons pursuant to Law No. 6458 on Foreigners and International Protection are considered to be covered by General Health Insurance.
Provision should be obtained for these individuals and in cases where provision cannot be obtained; they should be referred to Provincial Directorate of Security for registration of General Health Insurance.
For detailed information: International Patient Unit, Social Services Unit
PATIENTS FROM CONTRACTED INSTITUTIONS
In scope of the Protocol concluded between Hacettepe University Hospitals and Institutions, we ensure that the costs are covered for services to ascertain that high-quality, accessible outpatient or inpatient care services are offered in compliance with the prevalent rules of medicine science, examinations and other treatments are given under supervision of faculty members, advanced tests and examinations are carried out within the earliest time for employees of institutions. Embassies, Public Institutions, Private Institutions, private insurances are among the contracted institutions which receive health care service from out hospitals.